How would you like to look in the mirror and see your full shiny hair embracing your face? Hair loss is not only a superficial but also health issue for many men and women. Our profession and duty is to create the hair you have been dreaming of – full, luscious hair symbolizes youth, beauty and strength.
For many people hair loss is affecting their day to day life – you might feel insecure or unhappy and this again reflects in your attitude. As the process is ongoing it usually becomes worse over time. But thanks to professionals and modern technology there is a solution.
Giving you a holistic consultation to find the right treatment according to your individual needs is only the first step. Our experienced team of doctors and nurses will ensure you feel comfortable at all of your questions will be answered. From beginning to end of the procedure and follow-up after the treatment we take care of every client individually to guarantee you the best possible results.
One of the important details of high quality hair transplantation is that the results are not visible with the bare eye not even from very close by. To give you a natural look is our main goal – this treatment takes lots of skills and delicacy which is why we only work with experienced professionals and quality equipment.
The principle of hair transplantation is simple – the attending physician is removing grafts/follicles from the back of the head which are more resistant to hormonal changes (they contain genetic information that keeps them continuing to grow during an entire lifetime) and placing them in areas of scanty growth or baldness.
There are two methods to remove the grafts
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
In FUT method, a strip of scalp is cut out from the back of the head and is dissected into individual grafts.
Minimally-invasive Follicular Unit Extraction ( ) Hair Transplant
method of hair transplantation involves taking the individual follicular units/grafts from the back of the head one by one by cutting around it through a tiny specialised machine and removing them. The process is tedious and takes a few hours but is painless after a few numbing injections are given.
The rest of the procedure remains the same in both techniques. Tiny sites are created using very fine blades and needles in the balding areas after numbing them again with local anaesthetic injections. These grafts are then inserted in the sites on the front of the head or wherever there is hair loss.
Advantages of FUT method
- Larger areas of baldness can be covered in fewer sittings.
- The resection rate (the grafts that get cut whilst removing) may be lesser providing superior results.
Advantages of method
- As this method of hair transplantation does not involve taking an entire strip of scalp from the back of the head like in strip surgery, there are no cuts or stitches.
- The recovery time is much quicker with the patient often returning to work the next day itself.
- There is no linear scar.
This procedure might sound simple but it takes an extremely careful and precise approach in each phase of the treatment. Our experienced physicians have the necessary microsurgical talent for carrying out the hair transplant successfully.
Post surgery care
It is important to follow post surgery instructions and take good care of the grafts. Swelling of the scalp, face is common for a few days. You will be provided the needed medication such as antibiotics and pain relievers.
The grafts are wetted with saline repeatedly for a few days after the transplant. Hair is washed with a diluted shampoo the next day in a specific manner without disturbing the grafts. They will eventually fall out after two weeks and the new growth will be seen anywhere between three to six months. In FUT method, post-op wound care of the scar is important and the sutures are removed after a week.
Who should go for FUT method?
- People who have larger areas of baldness and would like it covered in single sitting.
- People who don’t mind cuts, stitches, longer recovery period.
Who should go in for method?
- Suitable for people who have smaller areas of baldness.
- People who want to wear shorter hair styles.
- People with active lifestyles like sports, etc.
- Women with smaller areas of baldness.
- People who prefer less invasive procedures and don’t want cuts, stitches on the scalp.
- Those who want faster recovery.
Tell us what you are looking for
We’ll assist you with finding a clinic to suit your budget and needs. We’ve helped thousands of patients to receive affordable, high-quality medical care abroad.
- Get your questions answered
- Compare the best value offers
- Get priority admission at hospitals